Social Sciences Honor Society Inducts New Members
Aiken, SC (03/29/2019) — Several students at the University of South Carolina Aiken were inducted into Pi Gamma Mu, the oldest and preeminent interdisciplinary social science honor society, according to its website.
The organization promotes excellence in several disciplines, including: history, political science, sociology, anthropology, economics, psychology, international relations, criminal justice, social work, social philosophy, history of education, and cultural/human geography. Members are encouraged to "uphold and nurture scholarship, leadership, and service."
"Pi Gamma Mu serves the various social science disciplines which seek to understand and explain human behavior and social relationships as well as their related problems and issues," the website states.
During the recent induction ceremony on the USC Aiken campus, six students became full international members, and four Pacers became associate members of the South Carolina Theta Chapter of Pi Gamma Mu.
Those inducted as full international members were:
- Cheyenne Maria Alibocas, sociology
- Whitney Breanna Alston, sociology
- Travis Antonio Hardee, sociology
- Brandon Rashawn Hill, psychology
- Deja Shinay Moultrie, sociology
- Jill Marie Sainte, psychology
Associate members inducted were:
- Andrew Gerald Leaphart, secondary education
- Amethyst Morgan Marroquin, history
- Paula Cristal Merida, psychology
- Erin Nicole Sharpton, sociology